Top Holiday Cooking Hacks
Nov 22nd, 2016 - Traditionally, the holidays are comprised of good food, good wine, and good conversation all while in great company. However, in order to get to the rewarding memory-making part of the feast, you first have to battle your way through the battlefield of cooking a holiday meal!
Here are five holiday cooking hacks that will simplify your cooking and alleviate some of your holiday stress:
- Herbs are every chefs best friend, and most recipes definitely call for an abundance of herbs. Freeze herbs in olive oil in advance, and have these cubes on-hand when cooking, so you don’t have to waste time chopping herbs and measuring out the correct amount of olive oil on the big day!
- Is your gravy or pork missing a zing of flavor? Add soy sauce to your favorite recipes to give it them a salty and rich flavor.
- If you’re brave enough to take on the task of cooking the turkey, then Corporate Caterers’ own Vicky Rivadeneira has the secret for the perfect holiday turkey: ‘Wine, herbs, spices and butter. Set it and forget it (not literally, keep your eye on it).’
- When it comes time for the big feast, save time and ensure your food remains hot by serving food in a buffet style. Your guests can pick out their favorite foods, and you can avoid stressing over serving the right plate to the right person.
- A slow cooker is your best friend this holiday season! Use your slow cooker to keep mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and even your apple pie warm while the food is being set out and served. No one likes cold mashed potatoes.
However, your best holiday meal hack is to avoid cooking all together. Cater your holiday feast from Corporate Caterers –complete with a delectable deep-dish apple pie– and get an early start on the good wine and good conversation!