The New Recruits, Road Warriors in the Making – A Profile of the Serial Corporate Traveler
Oct 7th, 2016 - The New ‘Recruit’ Road Warriors are the smallest of the groups, only accounting for 7% of the Road Warriors.
These novices are enthusiastic, high-tech, and lack the experience to be savvy or efficient business travelers; however, they are more than willing to learn.
The New ‘Recruit’ Warrior typically:
- Is younger than 35 years of age (60%).
- Takes an average of 14 trips per year, with an average length of six nights away per trip.
- Is the youngest group out of their fellow road warriors, with 98% being younger than 54 years of age.
- Wants to share their adventures.
- Relies on social media to meet up with friends and other colleagues during their travels (87%).
- Is more likely to travel internationally (30%).
- Plans their business travel choices to minimize their carbon footprint (94%).
The New ‘Recruit’ Road Warriors in the making are explorers and adventurers. In fact, 96% of these ‘Recruits’ find excuses to travel for work, more often than is actually necessary. They are also new to the world of business travel, and may be resistant to corporate procedure for travel, such as keeping track of expenses, and abiding by their companies’ rules and regulations. However, this is also an opportunity to train them in correct procedure from the beginning, and give them the correct tools to maximize their travel, which includes apps and web portals that facilitate their travel experience.
Do you identify as a Road Warrior in the making? Do you see business travel as an opportunity to close business deals and then celebrate by exploring the world? Then you surely also see technology as a useful tool to simplify and streamline your travel process. Corporate Caterers’ new online portal makes ordering special meals and treats for your clients as simple as the click of a button. Their Corporate Rewards program also allows you to collect points, and then redeem them when placing an order. Travel shouldn’t have to be complicated, and neither should be rewarding your clients. Trust in Corporate Caterers to get the job done, and provide a delicious and fulfilling meal, all through a few quick steps on their web portal!
Be sure to follow Corporate Caterers, and read through our previous posts in the “Profile of the Serial Corporate Traveler” series.
Source: Understanding Your Travel Population, BTN Group, 2015