The Five Types of Road Warriors – A Profile of the Serial Corporate Traveler
May 21st, 2016 - As technology continues to evolve the way in which we interact with the world around us, it shapes business around the world, and the need for global business travel. As the need for business travel continues to grow and evolve, so does the type of road warrior that is setting out to conquer the business world, one city at a time.
As technology continues to evolve the way in which we interact with the world around us, it shapes business around the world, and the need for global business travel. As the need for business travel continues to grow and evolve, so does the type of road warrior that is setting out to conquer the business world, one city at a time.
All of these “road warriors,” who travel extensively for business, have the following characteristics in common:
- Nearly three-quarters (71%) are college educated
- Their average age is 38 years old
- A majority of business travelers are males (59%)
- 78% enjoy traveling for work
- 78% understand that regardless of the advances in communication, there is simply no substitute for being there in person
- 46% work under tight budgets, which puts pressure on their travel budgets
- Their average trip tends to last four days
- Their average trip tends to cost an estimated $1,837 USD
However, road warriors have come to rely more and more heavily on technology during their business trips, as 46% report that staying in touch with family and friends while on the road is a top goal during trips, and 79% bring technology on their trips in order to be able to do so. Two-thirds of these road warriors even bring laptops, wireless broadband, portable GPS, and smartphones in order to stay connected during their travel.
The Global Business Travel Association has broken out these business travelers into five segments, to be able to understand the differing physiological, technological, and travel needs and habits of each type of road warrior.
The five segments of road warriors are:
- The Veteran Road Warrior (33%)
- The Road Weary Warrior (25%)
- The Wide-Eyed & Anxious Road Warrior (21%)
- The Passionate & High Tech Road Warrior (14%)
- The New Recruits – Road Warriors in the Making (7%)
What type of road warrior are you? Corporate Caterers understands the differing needs and goals of each of our road warriors, and works to provide each and every one with a custom, and excellent catering experience, to enhance their business meetings. Let us help make your life on the road a little less hectic, and a lot more delicious!
Be sure to follow Corporate Caterers, and be on the look-out for the next post in the “Profile of the Serial Corporate Traveler” series: The Veteran Road Warrior – A Profile of the Serial Corporate Traveler.
Source: Understanding Your Travel Population, BTN Group, 2015
If you’re looking to reward your employees or surprise your clients with an Independence Day feast, contact Corporate Caterers, and find out just why Corporate Caterers has earned their reputation for being one of the best in the business. Visit our online portal, https://www.corpcaterers.com/office-catering-order/ and type in promo code "LINKEDIN" in the comments section at checkout to receive free drinks with your order!