Celebrate Halloween at Work to Boost Morale & Increase Teamwork
Oct 3rd, 2016 - The smell of a freshly-baked pumpkin pie, the toothsome grin of a jack-o-lantern, the red and burnt orange palette of nature as the leaves start to turn, all come to mind when you think of fall. These experiences however, also bring to mind another fall tradition: Halloween.
As the weather starts to cool down and the crisp fall breezes make themselves known – just not necessarily in Florida ¬– you know that Halloween is just around the corner, and the year is winding down to an end. That is, if the myriad of Halloween decorations displayed in stores does not give it away first!
Halloween offers a great way to celebrate that the end – of the year, that is – is almost near, and thank your staff for their hard work throughout the year. Celebrating Halloween offers an opportunity to spur creativity in your office, and build team comradery.
Halloween Celebration Ideas for the Office
- Halloween Decorations: Split the office into teams, and offer prizes (such as a half day off with pay, etc.) for the most creatively decorated area. This will spur people to work together in teams to decorate their areas, and make them think outside of the box to develop a stellar decoration concept.
- Costume Contest: Encourage your staff to dress up for the day, and to vote for their favorite costumes, and watch the hilarity ensue! Create various categories of costumes, such as funniest, most glam, most terrifying, etc. and gift the winners with certificates to their favorite restaurants.
- Host a Halloween Luncheon: Halloween is all about the sweets, right? Make sure your employees get some wholesome and delectable food into their stomachs before they gorge on Halloween sweets. Corporate Caterers’ BBQ combos are a great way to host an outdoor luncheon, and take advantage of the gorgeous fall weather, without having to worry about the hassle of grilling and cooking. Mouthwatering pork ribs, juicy chicken legs, all topped off with sumptuous cookies, brownies, and if you’re feeling particularly decadent, a slice of Corporate Caterer’s Deep Dish apple & Pumpkin Pie!
- Games and Frivolities: Bobbing for apples, potato sack races, mummy relay races, will definitely generate quite a few laughs! But they are also great team building activities, that will contribute to a more relaxed and collaborative atmosphere at the office.
- Give Back to the Community: Use Halloween as a platform to encourage your employees to work together to contribute to the community. You can host a food or clothing collection drive for local charities, schedule a race for a local cause, volunteer at food kitchen, orphanage, or even your local Boys & Girls Club, and kick off the holiday season by bringing joy to those in need.
Celebrating Halloween at work will simultaneously delight, reward, and inspire your employees, all while building comradery. Give Corporate Caterers a call, and let us help you throw the best Halloween Luncheon yet, to reward your employees.